Brand awareness is the extent to which your consumers, i.e. parents, are familiar with your brand and associate it with your childcare services.
In order to promote your brand successfully you need to ensure that you have a distinguishable logo that reflects your business. You also need to ensure that your fonts, colours and images are uniformed across your marketing platforms in order to reflect your brand.
Why is brand awareness important?
Having a memorable brand that is easy to define by your target audience means they’re more likely to use and refer you to others. It makes your business look trustworthy and professional whilst also making it easy for people who come across your website or social media page to understand what it is you’re offering.
How to increase brand awareness amongst parents
1. In order to ensure your brand is being promoted in the best possible way, you first need to have a vision in mind. Make sure that everything you then use towards your brand supports that image, such as your logo design, your slogan, your font and the design of your website, social media page and business cards or prospectuses
2. Make sure that your website supports your vision and is optimised to suit your target audience. This includes making all your fonts uniformed throughout, having your logo clearly in your header on every page and using your own images. Images are important, especially to childcare settings, they give your prospective parents a real feel for your business and values.
3. Tell your story. Use an ‘About us’ page, or section to your prospectus or website to give parents a bit of a backstory to your business. Parents want to know the people behind the setting and this is the perfect opportunity to reaffirm your vision.
4. Engage in social media. Facebook and Twitter are one of the best ways for you to engage with your audience, especially parents. Make it easy for them to visit your page, see your latest events, leave you a review and look through your pictures.
5. Hold a social event such as a BBQ for your parents. Inviting them to an event like this gives you the perfect opportunity to show off your setting and your amazing staff. It will also give them the chance to ask questions. You could also hold this for prospective parents who can then speak to existing parents, have a look around and meet the staff in a relaxed environment.
6. Invest in some branded merchandise. Having a few branded pens, USBs or even baseball caps for the children, is a great way to create brand awareness. This will keep your business playing at the forefront of people’s minds.
If you follow all of these steps, you’ll be well on your way to promoting your businesses brand and ensuring that people are more aware of what it is you have to offer.
Consult with a member of our website team today for more information on how we can help you build brand awareness.