In terms of its reach, there’s no doubt that Facebook is one of the social media giants – with over 1.94 billion monthly active users worldwide. Not only is it widely used for personal interactions, but there are over 50 million local businesses leveraging the power of Facebook to extend their reach to customers. Here, we explore 6 reasons you should use it as a tool to increase your occupancy levels.
- It’s been reported that the average daily time spent on Facebook is 35 minutes per day, adding up to 1 year and 7 months in one person’s lifetime. With Facebook alerts and notifications sent directly to parents’ phones, it’s an easy way to keep in touch with your target audience.
- Google ranks your Facebook page in its search results and favours frequently posted and fresh content. The more you’re able to post, the more you’ll be able to bolster your search ranking and reach a wider audience of parents.
- Having a Facebook page means new parents can send an enquiry 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, even when your setting is closed.
- Each time a parent likes your post, this will show on the newsfeed of all their Facebook friends. This means instant promotion for your setting to other local families.
- By adding regular photos and updates on your page, prospective parents will get a better insight into what it’d be like to send their child to your setting. This makes it a very persuasive tool to encourage showround enquiries.
- You can link your Facebook page to your childcare website, which will drive traffic to your pages and help parents find out more about your setting.
Your Facebook page should be updated regularly – if it’s left for months with no activity, then parents can’t be sure all your information is up to date and will most likely not take their enquiry any further. Therefore, it’s prudent to have one person at your setting who is in charge of social media scheduling and managing your page.
Confused about the difference between a Facebook group and a Facebook page? Read our article which explains the purpose of each.
Looking to set up a Facebook page for your setting? Make an enquiry and get a helping hand to kick-start your social media page.