With youth unemployment an issue in the region the local government is putting forward enhanced financial incentives for employers.
They are able to provide financial incentives for businesses recruiting Birmingham’s young people to the following criteria (updated as of 20th January 2014).
Employers may have access to the following
- an enhanced incentive of up to £3,000 to employers recruiting to an apprenticeship vacancy
- help for employers to find suitable candidates from a pool of bright and talented young people
If their apprentices are:
- 16 to 18 year olds not in employment, education or training (NEET) (self declared) or
- 16 to 18 year olds attending one of the BJF accepted courses; or
- 18 to 24 years of age unemployed for at least 1 day (self declared)
The young person must also be residing in a Birmingham Local Authority Post Code
The document below explains how the funding works and how it can be accessed