This is the first time the setting has been classed higher than good since it opened in 2002, with the nursery manager, Anne Campbell saying:
“It’s fantastic – we’re over the moon. We’ve never been ‘outstanding’ before.”
“The last time we were inspected was in 2009 when we were ‘good’.”
“We’ve had a development plan since we first opened on 2002 and owe our success to the commitment of our staff and the parents.”
The school welcomes 32 pupils in the nursery and 16 in the playgroup. It also runs an breakfast and after school club.
Anne was particularly proud of the setting being described as “inspirational”.
The report stated the setting was an “inspirational setting that is extremely well led and managed by a qualified teacher, who has exceptional understanding of her role and responsibilities across all requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage”.
Further highlights of the Ofsted report was the quality of teaching and “concern for children’s well-being” with further points highlighting:
Staff demonstrate an exceptional understanding of how children develop and learn. They show clear passion and dedication for their work.
- Children are enthusiastic and active learners. They delight in the wealth of exciting learning opportunities.
- Children make excellent progress.
- Staff care extremely well for children with special education needs.
- Excellent relationships with parents support a shared approach to children’s learning.
- Leadership and management are inspirational.