You will need:
- Paint, preferably finger paint or one that easily washes off in black, blue, white and yellow
- Black craft paper (you can also use white)
- Download and print the image of The Starry Night painting by Vincent Van Gogh
- Prepare the paint by putting it on a paint mixing palette plate or just an ordinary plate
- Find the nursery rhyme, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and play it
- Show the children the image of The Starry Night and ask them to paint it with their fingers while singing along to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!
- Once the children have finished the craft, you can introduce them to Vincent Van Gogh and his other paintings.
Van Gogh was a Dutch post-impressionist painter who created about 2,100 artworks, including around 860 oil paintings, including landscapes, still lives, portraits and self-portraits.
His most famous paintings are The Starry Night, Sunflowers, Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear, Wheatfield with Cypresses, The Potato Eaters and Irises.