You will need:
- Colourful tissue paper (we used different colours for the petals, but you’ll also need a green one for the stem)
- Sticky tape
- Child-friendly scissors
- Pipe cleaners
- Take two pipe cleaners and wrap them around each other, then cut in half.
- Pick up the desired tissue paper and cut about 2-inch high full-length pieces of the paper.
- Fold the paper into a square and cut the top part into a crescent shape, making it looks like a petal, then cut them up into individual pieces.
- Pick up the pipe cleaner and start adding petals to one end of it. Halfway through attaching them, use sticky tape to secure them to the pipe cleaner. It can be quite fiddly, so it takes some patience to get it to work, but it’ll be worth it in the end!
- Once you use all your petals, use some more sticky tape to secure them to the pipe cleaner stem.
- Cut out a thin strip of green tissue paper and attach it to the bottom part of the petals to hide any imperfections and secure it with a tiny piece of tape.
- Take another pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Use the cut piece to create leaves. Wrap it around the ‘stem’ and using your fingers, create a leaf shape.
- You have now created a beautiful tissue paper flower for Mother’s Day!