You will need:
For the cupcakes:
- Warm water (a few tablespoons
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 175g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 165g caster sugar
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the icing:
- 60g unsalted butter
- 30g cocoa powder
- A few tablespoons of milk
- 250g icing sugar
You will also need:
- Cupcake cases
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place cupcake cases on a baking or muffin tin.
- Put cocoa powder into a bowl and mix it with water to create a thick paste, then add all the remaining ingredients and mix them together.
- Divide cupcake mixture equally between the cases and bake them for 12-15 minutes until risen.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack while you prepare the buttercream icing.
- Melt the butter and pour it into a bowl. Stir in the cocoa powder and mix, then gradually add the icing sugar and milk, constantly stirring to create a beautiful and glossy buttercream.
- Add the buttercream icing on top of your cupcakes and decorate to your liking.
- You are done – enjoy your cupcakes!
This is a delicious yet simple cupcake recipe, perfect for baking for fundraising events or just for fun. Our little chef is 5-years-old and very proud of his yummy chocolate cupcakes!