21st May is World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
To celebrate the cultural diversity across the world, we have created this super craft! You and the children can create as many little ‘dolls’ as you like and it’s a great way to introduce children to this topic. We hope you have fun!
You will need:
- Coloured craft paper
- Kitchen roll; cut in half
- Gems, stickers etc.
- Googly eyes
1. Think of which cultures you’d like to include and research their outfits – this is another great way for children to learn about different cultures!
2. Once you know what you’d like to create, cut out pieces of coloured paper to match your design.
3. Leave one-quarter of the length of the kitchen roll for the face and start dressing it up in your chosen outfit. Carefully pick up a piece of coloured paper, put some glue on it and stick it to the kitchen roll, starting from the bottom making your way up.
4. Now glue on the hair (or a hat) and stick on some googly eyes.
5. You can now add some gems and stickers to make it extra sparkly!