What do you need?
- Bread flour
- Caster sugar
- Mixed peel
- Dried fruit mix
1. Measure out 200 ml of milk
2. Put the milk into a saucepan and boil. Then leave to cool.
3. Weigh 50 grams of butter and add to the milk. Then take the pan off to cool.
4. Weigh 500 grams of flour and put into a mixing bowl.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the bowl.
6. Weigh 75 grams of sugar and add to the bowl.
7. Weigh 7 grams of dry yeast and add to the bowl.
8. Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the milk/butter and mix.
9. Crack 1 egg into the bowl.
10. Mix and then put into a bowl with a tea towel over to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
11. After the hour, check if the dough has doubled in size.
12. Weigh 50 grams of mixed peel and put into the bowl with the dough.
13. Weigh 80 grams of dried fruit and put into the bowl with the dough.
14. Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
15. Grate the zest of 1 orange.
16. Add to the dough and mix, then leave for 1 hour to rise in a warm place with a tea towel over the top.
17. Divide the mixture into 12 and roll into bun shapes and then leave to rise again for 1 hour.
18. For the crosses, mix some flour and water together to make a paste.
19. Make a pipe with some grease proof paper and put the mixture in. Squeeze the pipe to make the cross.
20. Put the buns in the oven at 1800C for 10-15 minutes.
21. Meanwhile put some sugar and water into a pan on the hob and boil.
22. When all of the sugar has melted leave to cool.
23. Brush on the sugar solution until each bun is generously covered.