It’s April already! This month we are celebrating Easter as well as other days, including International Mother Earth Day. To celebrate both occasions, we have decided to create a natural craft which not only creates beautiful eggs dyes, it also teaches children about chemistry!
What do you need?
Bowls or cups for dyes
1. Boil some water and add a cup to a bowl or a cup. Add your chosen ingredient into each one.
2. For blueberries, red cabbage and turmeric, add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and mix. Skip the vinegar for the rest.
3. Let your dyes cool down while you prepare the eggs.
4. Boil some eggs until they are hard (place eggs in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes). Cool them down.
5. Dip the eggs into the dye. Make sure the dye completely covers the eggs.
6. Leave your eggs in the dye for as long as you would like. The longer the egg is in the dye, the deeper the colour.
7. Remove the eggs from the dye baths, let them dry.
8. You are done!