What do you need?
Optional: Cardboard (some packaging boxes that books or DVDs are delivered in are perfect for this as we discovered)
1. Fold an A4 piece of paper so that the two end quatres meet in the middle of the length, hiding half of the page.
2. Take a second piece of paper and attach it to the first so that it folds down covering the half page.
3. You now have three layers: 1) the folded outside, 2) the covering flap 3) the inside.
4. Draw the outline of a head on the first and third layer. On the middle layer draw a brain or alternatively, print a brain drawing. We have a free template you could download here.
5. Ask the children to draw their own face on the outside layer.
6. Invite them to colour in the brain that is revealed when they look inside their heads:
7. Ask them what they are thinking, or what they like, and have them draw this below the flap.