You will need:
- Punnet of strawberries
- 4/5 bananas
- Zip seal freezer bags
- Mixing bowl
1. Prepare the fruit in advance by chopping up a punnet of strawberries and 4 or 5 bananas.
2. The children can help by placing the fruit into zip-seal freezer bags and sealing them tight, being careful to squeeze out the air without squeezing out the fruit!
3. Freeze for 6 hours, break up into chunks and blitz in a blender until it is the consistency of a smoothie.
4. Pour it into a big dish, cover and freeze for a further hour.
5. The children can then spoon the ice cream straight from the freezer and serve it to each other in a cone or in a cup.
6. Don’t forget the sauce and sprinkles!