For the dough
- 140g plain flour
- 125ml water
For the filling
- Finely chopped vegetables
- You could include: spinach, spring onions, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cold water
- salt and pepper
- Stir the water into the flour until mixed - add more water if the mixture seems dry.
- Knead the dough with your hands and add a little bit of flour if it’s sticky.
- Put the dough in a bowl, covered with a clean, damp towel, and let it rest for around 20 minutes.
- After resting, tear the dough into sixteen equal-sized pieces and flatten them into round flat pancakes.
- Add all of the filling ingredients into a bowl; and mix together.
- Place a spoonful of filling into of each pancake and add a little bit of water to the edges of the pancakes.
- Fold the dough in half and pinch the edges together with your fingers.
- An adult will then need to boil a pan of water, to then add the dumplings and put on the lid.
- Boil the dumplings for three to four minutes and then serve.
- *Optional* You could add a little dish of soy sauce for dipping, as seen in the image above.