Child records, including photographs and personal details of nursery children have been found in a skip outside their old nursery. The dumped paperwork includes names, dates of birth and detailed learning plans, along with other confidential information including parental consent forms complete with signatures.
Staff details were left outside too, with personal details, contact numbers and P45s.
Iain Morrison, a local father, made the discovery outside the former Three Bears nursery in Dunfermline. He said, “The building is on a main street in the middle of the town and the skip was right outside. There was a personal development plan for a child born in 2009 which included a name, date of birth, photo and details on development. I was conscious that it was data which should not have been left lying about in a public place. The paperwork has been taken to a secure location ahead of disposal.”
Businessman David Austin plans to convert the building into a microbrewery and bar.
He said: “To my knowledge, anything which was of a sensitive nature was disposed of properly. We must have cleared out 1000 box files – but every one of them was emptied of any paperwork which we felt was of a sensitive nature. After the nursery closed, the landlord issued an open invitation to any parents to come along and collect anything they wished.”
Helen King, whose triplets attended the nursery, said: “I find it appalling that material relating to the staff or children was left in a skip like this. It’s a very shabby state of affairs. Some of the parents, including myself, managed to get our personal belongings and paperwork – but that was through our own efforts.”
Some great feedback from an Abacus user, highlighting Parenta’s commitment to customer service.
“Abacus has become a bible and work sheet master plan at my Nursery. I went both feet in and had no plan B and I have never looked back!
The numbers cover years and give me a plan of action the staff you have – Amy, Luke & Emma are amazing at looking after me and my system. They are a master plan in themselves and are so good to Parenta you need to do ALL you can to keep them, they seem always happy and dedicated no matter what time 8am or 8pm.
My Job as Manager is very stressful and hard but with the 3 musketeers behind me I know Abacus is safe and questions answered within the hour . 10 out of 10 Customer satisfaction All 3 need awards for themselves and the company.
It’s all about being looked after, and thats what your team do very, very well and I always mention to other providers.”
Rob Danks, Nursery Manager, .
Nursery World Awards Finalist Nursery Manager of the Year 2013 NMT Nursery Award Finalists Best Individual Nursery 2011 & 2012 Best Nursery Manager 2012
Following feedback from Abacus users, Parenta have invested in a much improved Customer Support Desk. This new service offers a wide range of enhancements to our already award-winning service.
1. We commit to providing a written response to each question you ask through the helpdesk, ensuring that the answer is clear and enabling you to refer back to it at any time. Where appropriate, we will also provide a link to the appropriate page in the Abacus Help Manual. The existing 1 working hour response time remains.
2. You will be able to see any query asked by another member of your team, enabling you to see the instructions they have been given, and ensuring that we only have to answer a question once for your organisation.
3. If you have a new idea, or a suggestion for improvement, you can submit it in writing and receive regular updates on its progress. Some ideas may be accepted, or rejected, immediately, and we will advise you accordingly. Others may be put into a public forum for other Abacus users to comment and share their feelings before a decision is made on development.
4. You now have the opportunity to support or reject the ideas put forward by other users, and ensure that your voice is heard before any development takes place.
5. If we have a known issue with Abacus (it happens), we will publicise it in the support desk and provide feedback on the progress being made to resolve it.
6. Every time we provide any help through the Support Desk, you will be offered the chance to rate the service you have received, enabling us to identify and improve any time we let you down!
Customers will receive their login details via their primary Abacus email account. If you have not received your email yet, please request one within your Abacus system via the Communication section.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Expression of interest
Complete the form below if you are interested in joining our family.