Preparation for your assessment
Here you will find all the information needed before and on the day, including charges incurred due to a cancellation
Click Below To Download The Smart Room Guidance for Apprentices
Click Below To Download The EPA guide for employers
What you need to do BEFORE your exam date
- You will receive an automated email within 72 hours containing a ‘Smart Room’ link for your Professional Discussion – you will need this to access your Smart Room to complete your Professional Discussion.
- If you do not receive your Smart Room link, please email Skillsfirst at email@example.com prior to the date of your assessment. Failure to do so will have an impact on your ability to complete your Professional Discussion.
- You must test this link within 72 hours of your booking confirmation to ensure your machine is capable of running Smart Room. If you are unable to launch Smart Room, please contact SkillsFirst immediately on 0121 270 5100 (option 3) so that they can support you.
- The attached Smart Room Guidance for Apprentices provides you with all the information you need on what Smart Room is, how to use Smart Room and also a link to test the platform works on the machine you will be using to complete the Professional Discussion.
What you will need ON THE DAY of your exam
- Your pre-tested Smart Room link.
- The following working equipment:
- Computer or Laptop (not a MAC)
- ID – you will need to show a valid passport, signed UK photo card / driving license, or employee ID card and your portfolio to ensure the assessment can be completed.
How to CANCEL your confirmed Assessment booking
Please note that your first assessment booking is included within your funding, but any resit or retakes required are chargeable to your employer, as set out in the original agreement, and will delay your EPA.
How to cancel a booked assessment
Please be advised that there can be charges associated with cancelling your confirmed assessment, or the risk that you would need to resit your entire EPA to complete your Apprenticeship.
- To cancel prior to the confirmed assessment date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the Parenta tutor to notify them of the cancellation and to enable them to book your re-sit.
- To cancel on the day of your confirmed assessment, you must call SkillsFirst Assess on 0121 270 5100 and contact your Tutor to inform of the cancellation.
Charges associated with cancelling Assessment bookings
- If the cancellation is received within the 2 weeks prior, or on the booking date, then a resit fee is applicable. The booking cannot be arranged until the relevant invoice has been paid.
- If the cancellation takes place over 2 weeks prior to the confirmed assessment date, a resit can be arranged with no costs incurred, provided the resit is arranged within the 3 month EPA period.
- If the resit is outside of your 3 month EPA period, the full fee of £800 (zero VAT) will be chargeable and the full EPA will need to be resat.
- If the resit is for your professional discussion and is within the 3 month EPA period, the chargeable cost will be £550 plus VAT.
- If the resit is for your knowledge test and is within the 3 month EPA period, the first resit is FREE, but any additional will be charged at £15 plus VAT.
What to do if you are 15 minutes (or more) late to your assessment
Please see the cancellation policy for how to cancel your assessment if necessary, charges associated, and how to book a re-sit.
Your first assessment booking is included within your funding, but any resits required are chargeable to your employer and will delay your EPA.