At Parenta Training, we want to help you get ready to plan ahead – because Apprenticeship Standards are here.
To secure funding to train your staff or even to recruit a new apprentice, you need what’s called a ‘Government Gateway Apprenticeship Account’ to be able to request funds to pay for your training requirements.
Why are Standards replacing Framework?
- Standards are replacing framework across all apprenticeships which is a requirement from both ESFA and Ofsted and affects all training providers.
- The main purpose is to place greater emphasis on the teaching and learning (T&L) time between apprentice and tutor and to involve the employer in a greater capacity.
What are the key differences between Standards and Framework?
- The employer is more involved in the learning plan of their apprentice.
- The key focus is based around skills, knowledge and behaviours (SKB) of an apprentice which they acquire throughout their apprenticeship.
- The entire learning plan is set out to prepare apprentices for their End Point Assessment (EPA).
- Course duration will increase to potentially 18 months which includes a 3 month allocation for (EPA) End Point Assessment.
- The EPA includes a knowledge test as well as a professional discussion underpinned by the learner’s portfolio.
*For all learners who are employed full-time. **For all 19+ learners.