How do I achieve this childcare qualification?
You’ll need to gain 15 credits in total to achieve your assessor qualification. These are split up into three modules:
- Understanding The Principles And Practices Of Assessment (Credits: 3)
- Assess Occupational Competence In The Work Environment (Credits: 6)
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge And Understanding (Credits: 6)
How will I be assessed?
You’ll be assessed through a mixture of different tasks during your assessor course, some of which you’ll be able to complete online from your home. The variety of tasks includes:
- Writing from personal experience
- Reflections on how you dealt with past events
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Observations of your performance by an assessor
- Oral or written questioning
- Guided discussions
How long will it take for me to complete my course?
As with anything worthwhile, this assessor course requires you to dedicate some of your time to it. This can be up to 6 months, but
There are no classes to attend, but you will be required to participate in 5 full day workshops in Maidstone. You’ll also need to set aside 2.5 hours a week to work on any assessments.