Job type: Full Time / Permanent
Locations: Across various sites with daily travel to local childcare settings. With authorisation, working from home is permitted for this role.
- Mobile Phone
- Private Health Insurance
Details of the role
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of numeracy and literacy accredited qualifications that form part of the Further Education programme offer and for supporting learners on an apprenticeship programme to gain their functional skills in Numeracy, Literacy and ICT.
As a Specialist Functional Skills Tutor you will guide and support the learner right throughout their journey
- Use appropriate Initial Interview to assist learners identify their existing skills, work experience, interests and job goals.
- Using the Diagnostic Assessment material, assess levels of competency within literacy and numeracy.
- Negotiate, design and implement an Individual Learning Plan with each learner. Regularly assess, monitor, review, evaluate and adjust the Individual Learning Plan when necessary, taking into account the new Basic Skills Infrastructure.
- Prepare and adapt teaching materials including hand outs, assignments, booklists and assessment papers, to enable all learners to progress.
- Create new learning material to meet the needs of the learner.
- Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
- Produce and deliver appropriate individual and group exercises in order to achieve the Individual Training Plan.
- Assist learner to produce work, in accordance with City & Guilds Standards for numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Assist learners to realise life and employability goals