Job type: Full-Time
Based in: Maidstone, Kent.
Salary/benefits: £45 -50k DOE, Profit related bonus scheme, Private Health Insurance
Anyone can offer you a job, we want to offer you a future!
- To be part of a dynamic finance team where you will be able to make an impact
- Opportunity for career advancement and further learning
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Passionate colleagues and great team spirit
- Generous basic salary, PMI, Profit Share, Company Sick pay & 25 day’s holiday
At Parenta we bounce ideas around, challenge the status quo, act quickly, laugh constantly and celebrate continuously!
We provide unrivalled training, marketing and business software solutions to the £5BN Childcare Industry across the UK. To support our unprecedented growth, we are currently looking to hire an experienced Head of Finance who will be instrumental to the growth of our business.
As a Head of Finance at Parenta you will ultimately be responsible for the analysis of financial data, producing forecasts and monthly accounts as well as identifying risks. You would also be required to develop financial systems and procedures to ensure that we are effective and efficient.
You will be responsible for achieving and exceeding expected targets and ambitious KPI’s in order to support Parenta with its mission to be the best provider within the childcare sector. You will additionally support the development and success of Parenta, by challenging processes, sharing knowledge and implementing best practice across your team and the business.
Your core responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare monthly management accounts at individual company and consolidated levels
- Develop and maintain long-term forecasting systems such that we have accurate predictions of operational cash flow, operational profit and balance sheet movements
- Take responsibility for all tax and regulatory compliance
- Prepare and submit information as required to statutory authorities including HMRC
- Define financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control
- Act as the main point of contact for external accountants and provide all necessary information
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls
- Maintain financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Oversea payroll production and ensure payment processes are robust
- Supervise the validation of the day-books
- Handling high value government contracts.
- Dealing with any queries from the funding bodies that arise.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for continual process improvement.
- Developing and implementing best practice and improved processes across the team, training your team and other relevant departments as required.
- Providing regular coaching to support any training gaps within the team.
- Developing performance goals and objectives for the team, and monitoring and feeding back on progress within the bi-annual reviews.
What we look for:
- Experience in a comparable role.
- Self-awareness and the desire for continuous personal improvement.
- Good work ethics and passion for team comradery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Demonstrable effective leadership skills.
- Excels in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and external parties.
- A confident and articulate presenter.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to energise others.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise under pressure.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute concrete action plans.
- Strong organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Embodies the Parenta 4C’s:
- Demonstrates Commitment to goals and personal growth.
- Not afraid to Challenge something that doesn’t work and confident to share new ideas.
- Works Collaboratively with others.
- Connected to and passionate about your profession and Parenta’s vision.
If you would like to have a confidential chat before you apply please call Danielle Randall on 0800 002 9242.