Anyone can offer you a job, we want to offer you a future!
• Warm and friendly working environment.
• Passionate colleagues and great team spirit.
• £25K base, PMI, 25 days holiday and profit share.
At Parenta we bounce ideas around, challenge the status quo, act quickly, laugh constantly and celebrate continuously!
We provide unrivalled training, marketing and business software solutions to the £5BN Childcare Industry across the UK. To support our unprecedented growth, we are currently looking to hire an IT Support Engineer Team Leader to administer and fine-tune our internal networks and computer systems.
About the role…
As the IT Support Engineer, you are ultimately responsible for administering and fine-tuning the internal networks and computer systems, in order to improve organisational effectiveness and staff productivity. You will be required to provide 1st and 2nd line support in-line with agreed SLA’s, which includes but is not limited to; installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. In addition to this, you will be required to regularly review the businesses capacity and carry out forward planning needs analysis, to ensure the business has the sufficient programs, networks, licences and equipment.
Position expectations include…
- Managing the process for and carrying out system upgrades, maintenance and enhancements.
- Administering user accounts and maintenance of system security posture, including the installation and maintenance of anti-virus software.
- Configuring and installing all IT hardware, including laptops, desktops, and network equipment.
- Managing the domain controller, DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, Hyper-V, AV, NAS, firewall and development servers for the internal and external networks.
- On-boarding and off-boarding new colleagues, ensuring account set-up and equipment allocation/preparation is executed ahead of their start date.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Solving complex problems that require nuanced instruction, either over the phone and/or by providing clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- Managing the company’s backup and restore solutions, and disaster recovery planning.
- Ordering, allocating, maintenance and tracking all of Parenta’s technical assets.
- Prioritising critical issues, and colleagues with issues that prevent them from working for more than an hour.
- Resolving technical issues to agreed SLA’s, and escalating issues promptly where required.
- Providing technical assistance associated with hardware and software development, integration and testing.
- Reviewing current systems in order to make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Evaluating new hardware and software technologies in order to identify requirements and deficiencies in products.
What we look for…
- Understanding of core systems engineering disciplines and processes.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Ability to prioritise and manage several open issues at one time.
- Strong initiative with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excels in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to energise others.
- Established credibility and experience interfacing with senior leadership.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise under pressure.
- Strong organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Embodies the Parenta 4C’s:
Demonstrates Commitment to goals and personal growth.
Not afraid to Challenge something that doesn’t work and confident to share new ideas.
Works Collaboratively with others.
Connected to and passionate about your profession and Parenta’s vision.
- 25K base (flexible depending on experience)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Profit Share
- 25 day’s holiday
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
If this sounds like you please submit your CV by clicking “apply now”.