Do you have a passion and dedication to developing key functional skills in others? Are you able to build and develop effective learning relationships with different types of people? Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? If so, we have the right role for you.
What we offer…
- £25-30k per annum base with an OTE for timely completions
- Flexible and supportive working ethos.
- Benefits including Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, 25 days annual leave plus UK Bank Holidays, enhanced maternity leave, long service enhancements
- Opportunity for career advancement and further learning.
- Warm and friendly working environment.
- Passionate colleagues and great team spirit.
- Home-based and then visiting learners as and when required.
- All equipment provided i.e. laptop and mobile.
About the role…
As a Functional Skills Tutor, you’ll draw on your experience of working with different types of people and the ability to coach and enthuse learners to support them through their training. You will be providing a high quality learning experience by delivering, coaching and teaching Maths, English and ICT to learners via an online portal and virtual classroom platform.
You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of functional skills with passion and energy to ensure our learners achieve the best possible learning experience and that they complete in a timely manner. You will work collaboratively with the Functional Skills Manager, Regional Training Managers, Internal Quality Assurers and Tutor Assessors, to meet operational KPIs and objectives.
What we look for…
- It is essential that candidates have Level 3 Award in Education and Training (or PTLLS) (or willingness to undertake in first year in post) and Maths, English and ICT qualification min level 2 or equivalent (or willingness to complete within 3 month probationary period)
- Desirable qualifications are A1 award or equivalent, Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or CTLLS), Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (or DTLLS), QTS/QTLS status, Subject specialism for literacy and/ or numeracy, ICT qualification min level 2
- Proven experience in delivering English, Maths and ICT
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to balance conflicting demands and be able to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with modern technology and remote based ICT solutions
Parenta provides unrivalled training, marketing and business software solutions to the £5Bn Childcare Industry across the UK.
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you would like more information or have a confidential chat before submitting your application then please call the HR Team on 0800 002 9242.
We look forward to having you on board!
Parenta is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. Successful applicants for our roles must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with previous employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individual regardless of their race, gender, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or age.