We are currently looking to hire an experienced Software Developer to help us build and maintain robust, fit for purpose applications for Parenta’s products and internal systems.
What we offer?
- Opportunity for career advancement and further learning
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Autonomy and Creative Freedom
- £40 – £50k salary (depending on experience)
- Passionate colleagues and great team spirit
- Excellent benefits including: Private Medical Insurance (PMI), 25 days holiday plus all Bank Holidays, and profit share through our LLP structure
- Fully remote role
About the role…
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain applications by coordinating with colleagues working on different layers of the infrastructure and problem solving from project inception through to deployment.
- We are continuously improving our development techniques and welcome feedback and criticism.
- We write our software using test driven development.
- We try to apply the SOLID principles and OO design throughout our development which primarily consists of C#, Typescript and Angular 2-6.
- We value reasoned, evidence based decisions involving our technical stack.
- We aren’t afraid to try a new technique or technology and we aren’t afraid to drop it either.
- Our infrastructure is mostly built on AWS and you will get exposure to many of their services that we currently use.
What we look for…
Primary among the things we are interested in is the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges, and a strong problem solving ability. It isn’t critical that you have experience in every piece of technology listed here but the more you are familiar with, the more beneficial it will be!
- Strong development methodologies and experience.
- Knowledge of C#, SQL
- Experience with the following is desirable: Unit Testing (TDD – specifically), Cordova
- Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Proven ability of establishing strong, effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong organisation, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Experience with AWS is desirable
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you would like more information or have a confidential chat before submitting your application then please call the People Team on 0800 002 9242.
We look forward to having you on board!
Parenta is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. Successful applicants for our roles must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with previous employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individual regardless of their race, gender, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or age.