About The Course
What will I learn on this course?
The Paediatric First Aid course includes resuscitation skills for adults, infants, and children. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- Recognition of common childhood complaints and illnesses and appropriate care.
- Developing an effective emergency plan for when emergencies occur.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident in the workplace/care setting.
How long will it take me to complete my course?
The Paediatric First Aid course will be delivered through the blended learning approach. The online learning platform offers a flexible approach to completing the 12-hour course, reducing the time staff need to be out of the workplace.
Part 1: Online learning
Comprises a 6 hour online, pre-course learning module, followed by Part 2.
Part 2: Face-to-face Learning
6 hours of face-to-face learning, including practical assessments.
How Long Will My Certificate Be Valid For?
Your certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of issue. The course meets the requirements of Ofsted under the DfE’s guidance (April 2017), complying with the framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Re-training is required within 3 years of issue date.
For as little as £120 + VAT you can get the qualification you need to be Ofsted ready and maintain the highest level of safe.
In partnership with
Locations and Availability
We are currently offering the first aid training at the following locations which you can choose from.
The great news is if you have 6 or more staff in your setting who needs to have first aid training we can come and do the training at your setting.