References for Tamsin Grimmer’s article “Keeping it real? The importance of fantasy play in child development”
- German, T. and Leslie, A. (2001). Children’s inferences from ‘knowing’ to ‘pretending’ and ‘believing’. British Journal of Developmental Psychology, 19, 59-83.
- Gussin-Paley, V. (1984). Boys and girls. Superheroes in the doll corner. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- Gussin-Paley, V. (2010). The boy on the beach. Building community through play. London, United Kingdom: University of Chicago Press.
- Kitson, N. (2010). Children’s fantasy role play – why adults should join in. In Moyles, J (Ed) The excellence of play. London: McGraw-Hill.
- Oxford University Press (OUP). (2019a). Definition of fantasy in English. Retrieved from https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fantasy
- Oxford University Press (OUP). (2019b). Definition of reality in English. Retrieved from https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/reality
- Tyrrell, J. (2001). The power of fantasy in early learning. London: Routledge.