Posting job vacancies on the Parenta Job Board.
When posting your job vacancies, it’s important to be clear and concise so that candidates will understand exactly what the advertised job is about, and what is expected of them. This in turn, will also reduce the number of candidates applying for the job that are not suitable.
Here are some top tips of what to include when submitting a vacancy on the Parenta Job Board.
This section gives the candidate more information about the role and the environment in which they will be working.
Tip: Include warm and inviting copy.
Here is a suggestion:
This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career working in an early years setting at (setting name). Become an apprentice in our fun and friendly nursery, working with children aged from birth to five years – and gain valuable experience while you learn.
Tip: Include information that is unique to your setting including your location.
Here is a suggestion:
“We’re a friendly, diverse nursery in (location), looking for an ambitious apprentice who has a passion to help create a calming and educational atmosphere for the children.”
In this section, include tasks that you will be expecting them to carry out:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector.
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with them.
- Working under supervision to provide all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part in the day-to-day learning and play activities.
- Ensuring that the setting is safe, clean and well presented.
- Collaborating with colleagues, ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- Contributing to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
IMPORTANT things to include:
- Is your setting accessible via public transport – or must the candidate be able to drive?
- Your hours of work, e.g. Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
In this section include what’s in it for them
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up to start your career in childcare upon completion of your course. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.