Don’t miss the next FREE childcare industry webinar from Parenta and join us on:
Tuesday 19th July at 10:00am Postponed until further notice
Policies, Procedures & Protocols: essential vs. necessary
Policies, Procedures and Protocols are an essential part of our practice or business, but are all of them necessary? In this month’s webinar, early years educator, author, and childminder business owner Chloe Webster discusses ways we can keep the three Ps simple and concise, without cutting corners.
Chloe Webster Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Childminder & author
- With over 10 years' experience in the sector, in both nurseries and in childminding, Chloe has written for a number of early years publications and is a board trustee for PACEY.
- She works at Pebbles Childcare, which was awarded Nursery World’s ‘Childminding Business of The Year’ in 2018. The setting prides itself on its child-led, natural, outdoor pedagogy and Chloe is an advocate of the home-based childcare profession and work tirelessly to champion HBC across the sector.
- Connect with Chloe on social media: LinkedIn.
Chloe will be discussing:
- The importance of critically reflecting on the content of policies and procedures.
- Keeping it simple and concise – quantity and quality of the content.
- Are they fit for purpose? Do staff know and understand them?
- Planning – in the moment planning, moving with the changing needs of our children and the sector – are LTP & MTP a thing of the past? Why?
- Do we need to write it down for ‘evidence’? Critical reflection and professional judgement are key.
- Updates to the curriculum – moving away from unnecessary paperwork.